Other professional services from QRMC include:
- Corporate Governance advice
- Value Management Facilitation
- Emergency and Disaster Management
QRMC Risk Management offers corporate governance and business advisory services including:
- Third party review of governance arrangements
- Gap analysis of compliance against specific legislation or regulatory frameworks
- Review of reporting structures to the Board
- Training for corporate board members and executive management in their governance responsibilities
- Development of business plans
- Integration of risk management programs with other business management approaches such as strategic planning or the Australian Business Excellence Framework.
Corporate Governance related documentation produced by QRMC is realistic and pragmatic and, where requested, can be supported by an implementation program to assist organisational uptake of the required changes.
QRMC’s corporate governance advice is compliant with Corporations Law, ASX Listing Rules and Guidelines, ASIC requirements, and State Audit Office recommendations.
Value Management Facilitation
Value management is a structured process which achieves best value for stakeholders, or best value for money, in achieving the required level of functional performance for any planned project. The process focuses on:
- Ensuring full stakeholder involvement in the project development process
- Critically analysing the key functions that the project must perform
- Engendering stakeholder ownership of the outcome
- Finding the most appropriate solution for the situation
- Achieving best value for money.
QRMC can provide a Registered Facilitator to undertake Value Management / Value Engineering Studies. These studies will ensure that your project delivers a “best fit solution” for the particular situation which takes into account required levels of performance and quality whilst achieving a high value output.
QRMC’s Registered Facilitator is also an active member of the Institute of Value Management Australia and stays abreast of contemporary best practice developments.
QRMC ensures that the value management process achieves the intended outcomes by focussing on:
- Identifying required performance from the project
- Identifying stakeholder needs and how they relate to planned project outcomes.
Emergency and Disaster Management
QRMC Risk Management has extensive experience in the provision of services in the area of disaster management. We can provide a realistic assessment of hazards which could seriously impact on an organisation’s ability to continue operations or to maintain essential services in the event of a major incident such as severe weather, earthquake or landslip, flood, fire and pandemic.
Existing mitigation strategies are documented, as well as new treatments which can be implemented by the organisation to mitigate the identified risks. Detailed and user-friendly response and recovery plans are developed to ensure both business and community continuity following an event.
All key stakeholders are consulted, both to ensure that critical data is captured and to ease the process of implementation of the resulting management plans.
For Queensland local government in particular, QRMC has delivered several Natural Hazard Risk Assessments compliant with the current requirements as outlined in the National Emergency Risk Assessment Guidelines (NERAG).