Chris has worked as a safety professional since 1996. He has been responsible for the management of safety as well as environmental compliance in significant national and international organisations and has lead teams of professional safety and environmental advisers.
Chris is experienced in the review and development of management systems and processes, auditing and legislative compliance, hazard and risk management, contractor management, major project safety management, construction safety, rail and road safety, electrical safety, Chain of Responsibility, and change management. Chris has undertaken audits against WHS legislation and AS/NZS 4801 as well as industry-specific standards and regulatory requirements.
Chris is also experienced in incident investigation and the analysis of incident and injury data to identify systems improvements.
With tertiary WHS qualifications and significant industry experience, Chris is well equipped to support clients in the areas of Health and Safety, Risk Management and Environmental Management. He has audited, developed, reviewed, implemented and tested systems in all of these areas, as well as developing and delivering training and awareness programs to both senior and point-of-risk personnel.
Qualifications and Memberships:
- Postgraduate Diploma in Safety Science (OH&S), University of NSW, 2004
- Bachelor of Science, Macquarie University, 1993
- Masters of Applied Law, Queensland University of Technology, currently enrolled
- Construction Industry Blue/White Card, 2008
- Confined Space – Gas Test Atmosphere and Entry/Work, 2018
- ICAM Incident Investigation, 2018
- Supervisory Management Program, 2009
- De-mystifying ISO 9001:2001, 2002
- Internal Auditor Training, 2002
- Professional Selling Skills, 2000
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, 2010
- Effective Selection & Recruitment Practices, 2013
- Energised Performance Leadership Training, 2013
- Change Management – Prosci Methodologies, 2019
- OHS Lead Auditor Training, 2019
- Member of AIHS (formerly Safety Institute of Australia)
- Member of Risk Management Institution of Australasia Ltd (RMIA)
- Exemplar Global Accredited ISO 45001 OHS Lead Auditor