Since the development of model Work Health and Safety legislation by Safe Work Australia, QRMC has provided a range of clients with assistance relating to compliance with the harmonised Work Health and Safety legislation now implemented in most states and territories.
The harmonised WHS legislation imposed increased obligations on ‘persons conducting a business or undertaking’ (PCBUs). In addition, industrial manslaughter provisions are now increasingly being added to the body of WHS law across Australia.
We also work with organisations to ensure their WHS management systems are in line with best practice industry standards, specifically AS/NZS 4801 Occupational health and safety management systems and AS/NZS ISO 45001 Occupational health and safety management systems.
QRMC can assist organisations to address the requirements of the WHS legislation and Standards by providing any of the following range of services:
- Undertake a compliance review of your WHS Management System, to check that all regulatory requirements are being met
- Undertake a gap analysis against the requirements of legislation, standards and industry-specific regulations, covering existing systems and/or contractual obligations
- Review and revise WHSMS procedures and documentation to incorporate compliance requirements
- Develop and/or deliver training for ‘Officers’ of the organisation to ensure they are informed of, and familiar with, their duties and responsibilities
- Develop and/or deliver staff awareness sessions so that all workers are aware of their WHS duties and responsibilities
- Assist in implementing the revised WHS Management System, and provide training for staff to embed the changes
- Revise the corporate governance processes for Boards and executive management