Organisations that have experienced a serious safety incident are increasingly entering into Enforceable Undertaking agreements with state safety regulators as an alternative to prosecution.
The Enforceable Undertaking process can provide long term benefit and safety management improvements to the organisation, as well as providing value to the organisation’s industry.
Commonly, EU terms include the requirement to engage a third party WHS auditor to undertake audits of the organisation’s WHS management system during the term of the EU. QRMC has delivered these third party WHS compliance audits under EU arrangements for a number of organisations. Please refer to our Projects page for details.
In addition to third party WHS audits, other services provided by QRMC to support organisations to meet the terms of accepted Enforceable Undertakings include:
- The development or redevelopment of WHS management systems in line with AS/NZS 4801/ISO 45001 and AS/NZS 4804 requirements
- Training and implementation strategies for the application of new or redeveloped WHS management systems across the organisation
- Gap analysis audits to ensure readiness for third party or certification audits
- Assistance with EU terms specific to incident characteristics, such as Plant Risk Assessments, Site Traffic Management assessments and plans
- WHS due diligence training or awareness sessions for managers and supervisors