Paul has delivered services as a management consultant since 2000, during which time he has worked with a range of large organisations across various industries to audit and develop their quality, safety and environmental management systems.
Originally from a background in education then security and loss control, Paul moved to a consulting role focussing on achieving compliance and certification for clients in the areas of Quality Management, Environmental Management and Health and Safety, and has audited, developed, implemented and tested systems in all of these areas.
Paul is highly skilled in developing and implementing new policies and procedures in quality, safety and environmental management, drawing on the best of any existing documentation to minimise rework, and then assisting staff to use new processes through the development and facilitation of training programs. Due to his broad experience across a range of organisations, Paul is quickly able to gain an understanding of an organisation’s context and specific issues, and to use this appreciation to develop strategies to assist these organisations in terms of systems management and organisational development.
Drawing on his wide experience in the development, implementation and use of systems, Paul audits against compliance and best practice requirements to clearly articulate areas for practical improvement.
Paul is skilled in the provision of business continuity management services including facilitation of Business Impact Analysis workshops, testing exercises, and the development of Business Continuity Plans. Paul can also assist with risk management services including risk assessments, development and delivery of risk management training workshops, the development and implementation of risk management frameworks, and the review and upgrading of existing programs.
Paul is a Principal OHS Auditor certified by Exemplar Global and an Accredited Workplace Health and Safety Self-Insurance Auditor for Workplace Health and Safety Queensland.
Qualifications and Memberships:
- Graduate Certificate in Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental Management, Australian Catholic University, 2015
- ISO 9001:2015 Transition, SAI Global 2016
- RABQSA-QM – Quality Management Systems, SAI Global 2014
- Lead Auditor in OHS Management Systems, SAI Global 2011
- Lead auditor – OHSAS 18001, TÜV Rheinland Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems, 2009
- ISO 14001:2004 Bridging course, 2005
- Plan and conduct assessment of learning outcomes, 2003
- Implementation and evaluation of Quality Systems – ISO 9000, 2000
- Occupational Hygiene, Technikon Natal, 1995
- Safety Management, National Occupational Safety Association (NOSA), 1993
- Further Diploma in Education (Computer Education), University of Kwa-Zulu Natal South Africa, 1993
- Higher Diploma in Education, University of Kwa-Zulu Natal South Africa, 1986
- General Safety Induction for the Construction Industry
- Member of AIHS (formerly Safety Institute of Australia)
- Member of Risk Management Institution of Australasia Ltd (RMIA)
- Accredited Workplace Health and Safety Self-Insurance Auditor (Qld Govt)
- Exemplar Global Accredited Principal Auditor OHS Management Systems
- Exemplar Global Accredited Principal Auditor Quality Management Systems