David is a highly experienced consultant with experience across a broad spectrum of risk and work health and safety management works since 2001.
Coming from a work health and safety background, in recent years his focus has been on the auditing and development of Safety Management Systems, including development and implementation of strategic reviews and plans, analysing performance, and managing remedial interventions. He has also been responsible for policy and procedure development, the provision of management coaching and training in risk and WHS, as well as formally reviewing / auditing safety management systems.
David is also highly experienced in carrying out Risk Management activities. This encompasses all levels from on-site hazard identification and risk assessments through to the development and implementation of Enterprise Risk Management Frameworks and also the review of existing risk management programs.
David holds a Masters of Health Science and a Graduate Diploma of OH&S, is an Accredited Workplace Health and Safety Self-Insurance Auditor for Workplace Health and Safety Queensland and an Accredited Auditor for Electrical Safety Management Systems for the Electrical Safety Office, and is also a Principal OHS Auditor certified by Exemplar Global.
Qualifications and Memberships:
- Master of Health Science, Qld University of Technology, 2002
- Graduate Diploma OHS, Qld University of Technology, 1999
- Bachelor of Arts with Honours, Griffith University, 1992
- Bachelor of Arts in Humanities, Griffith University, 1991
- OHS Lead Auditor Training, 2007
- General Safety Induction for the Construction Industry
- Chartered Professional Member of AIHS (formerly Safety Institute of Australia)
- Member of Risk Management Institute of Australia (RMIA)
- Accredited Workplace Health and Safety Self-Insurance Auditor (Qld Govt)
- Accredited Auditor Electrical Safety Management Systems, Qld Electrical Safety Office
- Exemplar Global Accredited Principal Auditor OHS Management Systems