Dr Chris Hawley is a Professional Electrical Engineer (RPEQ), with extensive experience in auditing.
Holding a PhD in Electrical Engineering, Chris has worked in the tertiary sector as a research engineer and in the private sector as an electrical and project engineer.
Chris has been responsible for detailed electrical design of a range of equipment, and has undertaken audits of many electrical designs and installations for compliance.
Chris is an accredited Electrical Safety Management Systems Auditor and has conducted several audits of electrical safety management systems for prescribed entities.
Chris has also conducted electrical safety inspections, including for HV installations, and provided recommendations for the improvement of electrical safety management, including assessment of management systems that have been put in place in regard to electrical safety, maintenance, contractor management and electrical safety regulatory requirements.
Chris has also provided inspection and electrical certification of equipment prescribed under AS 3533:1988 Amusement rides and devices.
Qualifications and Memberships:
- PhD, Electrical Engineering, University of Wollongong, 2005
- Graduate Diploma of Management, Chifley Business College, 2012
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours), University of Wollongong, 2001
- Hazardous Areas Design and Classification (Competent Person)
- WHS Lead Auditor training, SAI Global
- Earthing System Design
- OH&S White Card
- Senior First Aid, CPR and LV Rescue
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng)
- Registered Professional Engineer Queensland (RPEQ)
- Registered Professional Engineer PNG
- Member of APESMA
- Member of IE Aust.
- Accredited Auditor Electrical Safety Management Systems, Qld Electrical Safety Office
- National Professional Engineers Registration
- Chartered Professional Engineer, Australia
- Registered Professional Engineer Queensland
- Hazardous Area Design & Classification – Competent Person