Matthew Bennett is a licensed electrician and qualified auditor with 20+ years experience working in Mining, Petro-chemical, Oil & Gas, Power Stations, Commercial and domestic industries. For the past 10 years Matthew has primary performed electrical safety supervising or consulting roles, including in PNG developing electrical safety management systems (based on Qld Electrical Safety Legislation) for Ok Tedi and Newcrest Mining’s operations.
Matthew has also developed electrical safety management plans for Australian clients such as Origin (Qld operations), the Gold Coast Light Rail and Newcrest Mining.
In addition, Matthew has developed training packages for Electrical Safety, High Voltage Operations and Hazardous Area Installations which have a significant and criterial reference to Legislation requirements for Electrical Safety.
Matthew is an accredited Electrical Safety Management Systems Auditor, Hazardous Areas Auditor and High Voltage Auditor with the Queensland Government.
Qualifications and Memberships:
- Auditor Occupational Health and Safety Systems Mar 2017
- Cert IV Training & Assessment (TAE40110)
- Lead Auditor in Quality Management Systems
- Diploma in Management (BSB51107)
- Instrumentation Trade Apprenticeship
- Electrical Trade Apprenticeship
- Licensed Electrician PNG, QLD, NT, WA
- Accredited QLD Hazardous Areas Auditor
- Accredited QLD High Voltage Auditor
- Accredited Auditor Electrical Safety Management Systems, Qld Electrical Safety Office
- Radiation Safety Officer & Use License
- Registered Mine Electrician PNG