QRMC’s Training and Facilitation skills can be applied across the full range of areas in which we deliver services.
QRMC develops and delivers training programs across the full range of our services. These individually tailored programs are designed to reflect the principle of knowledge transfer, in order to facilitate clients’ ability to apply the principles learned in their own workplaces.
All courses incorporate contemporary business practices and are delivered at the client’s premises to maximise applicability to daily operations. Sessions are tailored to the organisation via the emphasis given to particular parts of the process which is the focus of the training, and organisation-specific examples and case studies are used so that the information covered can be understood within the context of familiar workplace settings.
QRMC also offers facilitation services for the delivery of client-developed training programs or to achieve project (or other) objectives.
Facilitation can include consultation exercises, data gathering exercises, system implementation exercises, moderation of stakeholder groups, and the delivery of client-developed information.
QRMC’s consultants can either develop the necessary materials, or deliver client-developed training and/or facilitation materials as required.
Approach to training
To maximise the value for an organisation from their investment in training programs, and to engage participants in the process, QRMC focuses on:
- Use of workplace-specific examples and case studies which allow participants to explore the application of the principles their day-to-day activities
- Applying the course content to the participants’ areas of operation by relating the principles to the direct experience of the participants
- Drawing on participants’ own knowledge and skills which pertain to the area.
Examples of the courses provided by QRMC include:
- An introduction to risk management
- How to establish a risk management program
- Implementing enterprise risk management
- Executive management awareness sessions (WHS, risk management, BCM etc.)
- How to conduct a risk assessment
- Understanding the requirements of ISO 31000 Risk Management
- Introduction to work health and safety management
- Project risk management
- Introduction to WHS management
- Safety awareness and leadership
- Work Health and Safety legislation (obligations and responsibilities)
- Safety committee training
- Hazard identification and risk assessment
- An introduction business continuity management
- Business continuity planning
- How to conduct a Business Impact Analysis
- Testing a Business Continuity Plan.