QRMC offers a range of Management Systems services, including development, review/update, auditing/gap analysis, and the project management of implementation.
Our services include:
- Safety Management Systems
- Quality Management Systems
- Environmental Management Systems
- Integrated Management Systems
For all these types of management system, QRMC can assist you with:
- Development of a Management System compliant with the relevant Standards and Legislation
- Review, audit or update the Management System
- Development of policies, procedures and forms tailored specifically to your organisation’s operations
- Staff consultation and training for the implementation of the Management System
- Build organisational capacity for ongoing review and continuous improvement of the Management System
Our management systems emphasise:
- Practicality and usability
- Integration of any existing relevant documentation and frameworks to minimise organisational ‘shock’ and ease implementation processes
- Integration between management systems in order to maximise value and minimise duplication.
Safety Management Systems
QRMC Risk Management can assist your organisation to take a systematic approach to the management of safety to protect your workforce from harm and your business from legislative breaches.
QRMC develops Safety Management Systems (SMS) compliant with AS/NZS 4801 Occupational health and safety management systems, as well as the harmonised Work Health and Safety legislation or other legislation relevant to your organisation.
Importantly, QRMC also ensures that each safety policy, procedure and form is tailored to your organisation’s operations. While ensuring that the legislative requirements for your relevant jurisdiction and industry are met by the SMS, QRMC will also focus on:
- involving your staff in order to develop commitment to the SMS and ease the implementation process
- designing the procedures and forms to reflect the operational needs of your business and the capacities and access requirements of the staff who will use the system
- building in the capacity for easy ongoing review and continuous improvement.
QRMC will also undertake a gap analysis on an existing SMS and provide detailed recommendations for the improvement of the system to meet compliance requirements and best practice.
Quality Management Systems
QRMC Risk Management can assist your organisation to develop or review a Quality Management System (QMS) compliant with ISO 9000 Quality Management. We can also review an existing QMS and provide recommendations for compliance, or prepare your organisation for third party certification audits by conducting “test audits” and providing detailed recommendations for the improvement of your QMS.
The development of a QMS is all too often a compliance-based exercise which results in a set of documentation poorly fitted to organisational needs, poorly implemented, and perhaps rarely used. This potential results in poor outcomes for your business and clients, and poor internal or external quality audit results.
QRMC focuses on ensuring that the QMS documentation fits the needs and operations of your organisation, and involving your staff in the development and approval of relevant areas of the documentation, so that the system can be more easily implemented and ultimately effective. We also provide assistance with the roll-out of the system and the training of staff in its use.
Environmental Management Systems
QRMC Risk Management provides organisations with training, monitoring and advice on the development of Environmental Management Systems (EMS) compliant with legislative requirements.
We develop EMSs in accordance with ISO 14001 Environmental management systems and undertake gap analyses of existing systems. We can also conduct environmental audits and assessments. Our approach focuses on working with your staff to ensure a thorough understanding and ownership of these systems. As with all our management systems, QRMC focuses on usability and ensuring a good operational fit with organisational requirements.
- Development or audit of environmental management systems in accordance with ISO 14001
- Training in interpretation of the environmental standards
- Assessment of specific environmental exposures
- Assessment of compliance to Environmental legislation and standards.
Integrated Management Systems
QRMC Risk Management can assist with the development, redesign and integration of any part of the above Management Systems in order to achieve an Integrated Management System (IMS) for your organisation, covering Quality, Safety and Environment compliance and operational needs.
In accordance with AS/NZS 4581 Management system integration – Guidance to business, government and community organizations, QRMC will help you to maximise the efficiencies and synergies of your management systems by integrating them to:
- Meet compliance and operational requirements
- Minimise duplication
- Improve organisational performance
- Maintain customer satisfaction
- Reduce the complexity of required paperwork.
In line with the operational needs of your business, QRMC will design an IMS to exploit the similarities between the management systems for quality, safety and environment resulting in a simple, easy-to-use system to manage all your organisational activities.
Third Party Certification
QRMC assists organisations to prepare for third party certification audits in the above areas by:
- Developing an appropriate Management System if one is not already in place, and advising on its implementation
- Undertaking gap analysis audits to determine whether your Management System, and the degree to which it has been implemented, meets the requirements of the third party “conformity assessment body”
- Conducting “test audits” and providing detailed recommendations for the actions necessary for the improvement of the management system, and to prepare the organisation to acquit itself successfully during the formal third party audit.
A brief description of the third party certification process is provided here.