- new requirements for safety switches
- enhanced requirements for MEN earthing systems, including bonding of pool structures and wet areas
- increased mechanical protection for cables installed within a ceiling space
- additional installation requirements for electrical appliances, accessories and equipment
- enhanced safety requirements for electrical equipment installed in locations exposed to water
- five new appendices:
- continuity of supply for active assisted living
- electrical conduits
- installation of arc fault detection devices
- guidance for the installation and location of electrical vehicle charging stations
- DC circuit protection and switching devices.
A six-month transition period started on 26 June 2018. The enforcement date for AS/NZS 3000:2018 Wiring Rules will be 1 January 2019.
Please contact QRMC for more information.